Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Test Prep


Hyperbole


Exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.






Which of the following is the best example of hyperbole?
  1. The sky is as blue as a robin's egg.
  2. I am freezing to death.
  3. The daffodils dance in the breeze.
  4. She runs like a gazelle.

"I have died every day waiting for you, darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more," is an example of:
  1. metaphor
  2. hyperbole
  3. personification
  4. simile

3 comments:

  1. I found this to be really helpful because I didn't know what hyperbole meant until now. The examples you gave helped me out a lot so thank you. The answer would be freezing to death, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, too, for the use of the contemporary song. Teen girls who hear the soundtrack to Twilight...well, they're probably given to a little hyperbole at that age.

    ReplyDelete