Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dialogue



The sun was shining and the skies were clear. A girl walks across the parking lot and spots a friend out for a smoke.
There’s the prettiest girl I know! How are you pumpkin? He says as she gets closer.
Oh, I’m here I suppose. That’s about as good as it gets. How are you? She asked as she comes up to give him a hug.
I’m pissed to be honest! I found out that my instructor lost my portfolio and I have to reprint all of my work. And I’m not the only one that has an MIA portfolio either. It’s just annoying, she saw it I don’t want to have to reprint everything!
That’s why I save all my work on three different drives. That’s unfortunate though…and frustrating. About as frustrating as the male population is to me right about now.
            Yeah we are pretty stupid. Unless you hit us over the head with a brick we really don’t know what we’re doing. What happened?
            Oh you know, a guy thought pulling a disappearing act counted as relationship ender.
            A disappearing act? Like…
            Like just stopped hanging out, stopped talking…the whole nine yards. The thing is, it’s not quite the same effect as a man leaving his lover in a movie to fend for her life because I can still find him at breakfast and then he gets all uncomfortable and practically runs away.
            HA! He runs away from you? What ever did you do to that poor boy? No, I’m teasing, and I don’t mean this offensively but that’s what I hate about girls, they always think it’s their fault and it’s not. We’re just stupid!
            I’m noticing more every day!
            Well, I’ll tell ya, my wife and I dated in high school and then I went on to college. We agreed that I would finish college before marriage ever came to be an option and I went to school and kind of pattered off and one day she asked me if I was ever going to ask her to marry me. I asked her if I really had to ask? Dumbest question of my life!

3 comments:

  1. Very creative, the story has a lot of different directions which helped keep my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this very descriptive words were used I really felt like I was seeing and hearing all this myself that day. Great Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it interesting how dialogue can reveal things about character? For instance, by the time I finished the dialogue, I felt there was a distinct age difference between the two speakers. It makes me curious how the friendship came about.

    ReplyDelete