Sunday, January 27, 2013

Litany


~--*--~♥~--*--~♥~--*--~♥~--*--~♥~--*--~♥~--*--~♥~--*--~♥~--*--~♥~--*--~♥~--*--~

You are the chocolate muffin top and the caramel mocha
The mossy oak sweater and the cowgirl boots
You are the bonfire and the Everclear
You are the muddy tires stuck in the bogs
and the laughter ringing in the air as we wait

However you are not the satin dress or lace gloves
And you are certainly not the sparkling diamond
There is just no way that you are the sparkling diamond

It is possible that you are the pearl
Maybe even the ruby
But you are not even close to being the sparkling diamond

And a quick look in the mirror will show that you are neither the rodeo queen 
nor a little girl hiding in the corner

It might interest you to know
Speaking of the plentiful imagery of the world
That I am the daisies along the horse trail

I also happen to be the reins on your horse’s bridle
The shadow keeping close watch
And the light ahead to keep you moving forward

I am also the wind carrying your dreams to meet with determination
And the instigator to make you want more in life
But don’t worry, I’m not the chocolate muffin top and the mocha
You will always be the chocolate muffin top and the mocha
Not to mention the mossy oak sweater and the cowgirl boots




6 comments:

  1. Weren't you excited when some of those lovely lines came rolling out? And I bet the more you thought of your friend, the easier those comparisons came. I'm a big fan of: "You are the bonfire and the Everclear." And this one:"I am the daisies along the horse trail." I hope you share this with your friend. She will owe you a caramel mocha, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely struggled with settling down long enough to settle on a topic and write but I was extremely excited!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I really like this. I can tell by the line that said "The mossy oak sweater and the cowgirl boots" compared to the line that says "However you are not the satin dress or lace gloves", that you both are very country. :) That you are cowgirls that actually like to get dirty and not hesitant about getting muddy.
    This is very good and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can dress up when it's required but it's not preferred! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. This really reminded me of my sister and I. She is definitely the "instigator to make [me] want more" i really likes that line. This was a really great poem and you did a fantastic job on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs a good instigator to keep them moving in life. Thank you!

      Delete