Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Introduction


Hey all! I'm Stephanie and I am from Deer Park, Washington. It's a little town north of Spokane for those not familiar with the area. I love to move and tend to do so every few years, most recently I moved back from Missouri where I went to college for year, came back and worked for the Air Force for awhile. I am now a sophomore here at LC and in the Hospitality Management program for a bachelor’s degree. My goal with this degree is to be a sports facility and event manager, preferably for the NFL but I'll take a job with MLB or NHL too. I am an Indianapolis Colts fan and would love to work for them some day! 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome :) Wow! I'm curious how you got so crazy about sports! My theory is that we inherit this from sports-crazy fathers. Do you think that's true. I was raised by my grandmother, with few male influences and ended up with no real interest in football, baseball, hockey, etc. I was interested in NBA basketball when I was younger. I followed all the posts for each team, as I played post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For my situation I have to disagree with the sport-crazy father. I actually got into sports because of my aunt! :)

      Delete
  2. I am also a big sports fan and have thought that the job you are looking for would be an amazing way to stay connected to sports. I think it would be even more amazing to get to see all the athletes and everything that goes into creating events at that level. I know that I would be all sorts of jealous if you do get to work in the NFL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a favorite team? I am really looking forward to how far I can take this degree as I am anticipating some gender barriers with the NFL. You just never know until you try though!

      Delete