Thursday, April 25, 2013

Linda's Diary

Past:

Life seems too sweet for us all right now! My boys, so proud of them and they try so hard to impress their father. Willy is away so often it's wonderful when he can be home with us for a while. Of course I understand that the money is needed but how I wish it wasn't about the money. It's not my place to say or ask Willy to stay closer, maybe work in New York. With all the things we have to pay off, the car, the vacuum, the refrigerator…all of his contacts along the coast help us so much. Maybe someday he can stay closer.

 

Present:

Willy came back tonight, unable to drive anymore. I finally had the confidence to ask him to ask to work in New York. He’s so exhausted he just can’t stand the drive anymore. And he’s depressed… it hurts my heart to see him falling apart the way he does. Rambling into the night and reenacting conversation from long ago. The other night I heard him going on about what sounded like another woman; I shouldn’t pry and I should be grateful that he’s stayed with me all these years, provided for me and the boys. Boys who have since forgotten all their father ever did for them. Ungrateful...things are going to have change in this household.

1 comment:

  1. "things are going to have to change" ends up being so ironic, given the outcome of the play!

    ReplyDelete